stylussimo's blogster


Beatmatchers

theoldden
nigellooi
alfredlow
alexgan
rajen
gregwong
aliaa
bernardong
phebekok
isabelyap
isaacyap
johngoh
weeliem
terryberry
liann
marko
cheryl
joeboy
pauly
laurachang
TX
chu-yaw
chu-ern
wangieian
joellelow
ianchong
sheenB
kimSiah
Val
creezchan
eesueann
yuenwei
melissa
sripetalingrawksCG
sivinkit
TTDI tigers

Backspinners

M203
adelinegong
azrifickry
carynkhoo
eugenia
fakdupwoman
gracechew
genevieve
gohyiwei
iqbal
jasveen
jodygoh
justin
kahyee
KenJay
kenlin
kenrhee
linda
rajinder
richard
san-san
shiching
sheena
siewlian
TJ
vasan
weishung
xiaozhai
YeePei
YK
zen
DrTimSong
DrKhoo

Pitchbenders

baybeats
herreverie
thisbodybroken
charlottedreams
pensionstate
damndirtyapes
whencehecame
buddhistson
globalunderground
saw.recordings
satoshitomiie
PVD
cafedelmar
royksopp
3rdday
caedmonscall
heartbeatband
thedarkness
awakeningsSG
sonicedge
wakemeupmusic
worlddj
drumnbassarena
ministryofsound
gatecrasher
cream
pacha

Fuzzymuzzies

numark
vestax
gibson
epiphone
boss
line6
electroharmonix

Blah, Blah and Blah Blah

Ravings

Records

Friday, July 15, 2005

Travellisimo

It's been all about travel this past week or so. Selectives on travel med have just been completed and I guess it wasn't too bad after all. It's been a learning experience and one that was pretty fun too though i was a bit pessimistic about it at first. As a whole, i think most of us enjoyed it especially those who went to check out the decompression chamber @ the Lumut Armed Forces Hospital. Gotta say that was one heck of a trip. Those who went probably needed to get 'decompressed' after the duration of travel they had to endure just to get to Lumut. :P. The trip to the refugee camp wasn't too bad at all. It's like a reminder to count our blessings. At the end of the day, all we hope to see is a transcript which states that we've done well for our selectives. Aight.

After a freagin night of travelling in a bus that was probably driven by some encephalitic bus driver and getting on a boat that buzzed thru the sea for an hour, I think it was all worth it though I ended up with a bit of a bout of spatial disorientation (Not due to Mefloquine) :P. With my ah pek slipper, I placed my first step onto the island of Tioman. The rest is self explanatory. Standard story of what some chinaman will do on an island. Highlights of the trip were the 'deep sea fishing' trip ,'snore'-keling we did around the islands and the delightfully cheap cheap cheap Heineken. Our 'deep sea fishing' began with a blast with Sheena and CK bringing in the loot from the sea but after half an hour, everything went helter skelter as a storm approached... darn. Sheena got sea sick (she should have taken Cinnarazine) and I got sea drunk (Should have popped in some dimenhydrinate):P. Wasn't so bad.. at least I caught a freagin fish. In total, 2kgs of fish in 30 minutes isn't too bad and it tasted pretty good. Since a few of us didn't have the licence to SCUBA, we fellers went snorkeling round the islands. I would still recommend Redang ahead of Tioman. It wasn't too bad, at least I accomplished my mission of 'Finding Nemo' who was stuck between some rocks. As for Heineken, woo hoo.. cheap man. Too bad i'm not one who drinks. :P. As for stargazing, loadsa stars stuck up in that big black screen up there. God probably made a copyright to the stars cos somebody tried to take pictures of the stars but the picture only turned out black, and i really mean black as in hitam. ;) Probably got a stiff-necked after trying to look at them as well. But I gotta say, it's awesome stuff. Else than that, I found out that Jeremy sleep talks and sleeps like an octopus.

Le Gallerie :




Attending an MPO performance was somewhat an eye-opening experience though it was free. i think all this while i've underestimated the acoustics of the hall. Gotta say that it's pretty awesome stuff especially when the organ is in play. I used to think that only hard hitting Drum and Bass or Jazz music resonating from Bang and Olufsen speakers were something to savour. It seems classical music ain't too bad after all and strangely, some layers from dance tracks are actually taken from classical works. Pretty interesting stuff. I guess once the actual hols after Sem 5 kick off, i could probably experiment some Carl Cox mish mash with some Bach. Sounds cool. As it is, looks like the chinaman was given a big lesson on classical stuff and a lesson well appreciated. :P

Aights. Updates later then. Adios!

Collin at 8:56 PM

(0) Comments | Post a comment

Comments :
Post a Comment
Another fine piece of crap by Stylussimo